MAA

Till now I remember the day, I was sleeping, totally unconscious about the outer world. A deep sleep, after a long time. My mom was not well. She was bed-ridden for long.

Mom was very near to didi (elder-sister), after her marriage, she lost her friend. She was all alone. I understood her emptiness but was not with any option. Our mentality differs a lot. Then also I, rather we tried to come close to each other. We shared so many feelings.

Whenever I came back from my university, I saw her standing in the balcony. Eagerly waiting for us, some times human being becomes so lonely. We used to see all Ekta Kapoor's "Sans Bahoo" types serials. We enjoyed the time, may be not the serial. My father, he became irritated of these serials, but never said anything as he loves her a lot. Sometimes didi and I used taunt baba and ma for their love.

Days passed on, maa slowly caught the bed, as she was a patient of diabetes. Her both kidneys failed. My father tried a lot to give her comfort. Till now I can visualize, how my father hold her in arms, and took her to bathroom. He just treated her as a little child.

Maa, sometimes asked me to give her sweets, or something made by me. But she was unable to digest. I feed her by my hand, like a kid. She always used to say no to food, and I used to force her, sometimes I sung her favorite songs, sometimes telling her story. Combing her hair, making plat. Or changing her dress .

Sleep was out of reach. It was a long time I didn't sleep well. Father gave me pills for sleeping, but then also. She used to shout all over night out of pain. We are only the helpless viewers and listeners.

Gradually she went to comma, and stopped responding. Everyone started to visit her. But she was unable to share her pain. She stopped taking food and water.

I read out some slokas from Gita and went to bed. I prayed to God, to give her relief from her pain. God listen to me. After a long time, at that night I slept, my father too. In the morning my father came to me, woke me up and said— "tor maa aar nei" (your mom is no more). I was shocked. I ran to that room, and look at her face. I put my ears on her chest, and heard the heartbeat. I told to father: she has gone to comma, nothing else. Just call the doctor.

Papa went out to call the doctor. Doctor examined her: " it happened late night, at 3am" — and hold the death certificate in front of us.

Everything was finished within a glance.

I am requesting all the person who will go through this writing; please take care of your parents. They will not be there after you for long. And when they will leave, you will not be able to bring them back. You can see the others enjoying, sharing their time with their parents, and you are all alone. You will dream of having your favorite dish prepared by your mom, and when you will open your eyes, there will be no one to carry on your wishes. You can call her, can shout, scream, but there will be no response.

Parents do a lot for us. But never said that. However we always forget our responsibilities. They are not a burden. They are the creator. They are one, who capable us to think and to go high. Don't ignore your parents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I Hug You?

Price Comparison of Diamond Jewellery for Top Indian Websites

Science behind LED